Thursday, March 15, 2007

Fun Times!

Wednesday our Spring Break officially started! We had fun times playing around the lagoon at Fair Park. The weather was cool and damp, but the kids enjoyed being out and running around.
Then it was off to The Natural History Museum. When I told Jack and Bailey where we were going Jack said, "Oh, like in the movie Night at the Museum?" Afterwards he said it was the best day of his life but not as good as the movie! I guess he was disappointed that none of the animals or people came to life. Although, Bailey seemed to think the Alligator was! She would not go near it and actually cried for a while about how scared she was. That's my little scardy cat! In the picture above she was trying to put on a brave face in front of the Mammoth. She wouldn't step a foot inside the dinosaur exhibit. Jack and I had to take her hands and walk(actually she ran) through it. Connor sat in his stroller and took it all in. He seemed to enjoy it.
Today we continued our Spring Break. We went to Grapevine Mills and after they endured a little shopping by mommy we headed to the Rain Forest Cafe for lunch. We sat under one of the jaguars and could see the elephants and all the gorillas. Bailey was a real troooper today. No crying although I thought we wouldn't make it when the gorillas started roaring. Jack came over to me during lunch and hugged me and said I was the best mommy and he was having the best day of his life. It is so nice to be able to "impress" him with a horribly overpriced lunch and a lot of really loud animals! After we got home all three took naps again today. That is two days in a row that mommy has gotten 2 1/2 hours of quiet time! I crawled into bed with the older two and we all laid on each other and rested. It was the best way to spend my day.
Tomorrow we are all 5 heading down to Kaufman to visit my Grandfather in the hospital. He is not doing very well and Greg and I feel like we need to see him soon. After our visit we are going to the Dallas Zoo. I love the zoo and it is Connors first visit to the zoo. I can't wait to see his face when he sees the lions for the first time!



No comments: