Saturday, August 26, 2006

What is up with the 1950's?

Friday afternoon we picked Jack up from school and as promised because he had a great week we went to Sonic and got banana splits!!! While we were waiting for them to come out Jack and Bailey started talking about what exactly is in a banana split. This is how the conversation went...
"they will have ice cream, chocolate sauce, cherries maybe two or three, whipped cream and of course a banana."
" I don't really want a banana, Jack"
"well, do you know that in 1950 they didn't make banana splits like this?"
I pipe in now, "how did they make them?"
"well, they didn't cut the banana in half to put it in the ice cream, they left it whole."
Then he continued to tell us how they made a banana split in 1950.
I thought it a little strange but the food came and I forgot about it.
Then on Saturday night we stopped at Kroger for Daddy and Bailey to run in and get Connor some medicine and Jack and I started talking while we entertained Connor.
The conversation went like this...
"Hey mom did you know that people used to hide in bushes and jump out to get on trains?"
"What are you talking about?"
"People used to hide in bushes and jump on trains when they came by."
"OK, how do you know this?"
"Memaw told me that in 1950 people used to jump on trains after they hid in bushes."
"Again with 1950, why are you so fasinated with the 1950's?"
" I don't know but I do know a lot about the 1950's"
Then I remembered the kids have been watching Happy Days alot this summer and I asked him if some of his information was from The Fonz. He did admit that maybe the banana split was from watching Happy Days.
Jack is like this little sponge and constantly amazes me with very odd trivia.
So, if you need to know anything about the 1950's just ask Jack!

1 comment:

Traci said...

So funny! I like the Fonz, too, Jack!