Monday, August 07, 2006

My Wonderful Life


Even when we are having a rough day all I have to do is look at my three beautiful children and I know how truly blessed I am! The last few years have been rough for our family. Financial worries, health issues in our families, trying so hard for a third child, job loss, depression...
But really nothing else matters when I think how blessed I am by God.

He has given me a wonderful husband with the patience of Job and the heart of David.
He has given me a firstborn son who is very sensitive and quite a mommy's boy. He is a very bright child with a strong sense of humor. His Kindergarten teacher told us he was the child everyone else wanted to be around and play with. She also called him the class clown! She felt he was truly gifted and thought we should refer him to the Gifted Program again next year. We think he is smart, but it is nice to hear it from someone else.

God also blessed us with a daughter who is very intune with what others are feeling. She is always thinking of her two brothers and her daddy. She has always had a beautiful smile and when mommy and Bailey aren't butting heads she is really happy. She too is really bright with a huge vocabulary! She constantly amazes us with the word choices she makes. Bailey not only taught herself to use the potty but has also recently taught herself to read! If Bailey wants to do something, Bailey figures it out all by herself.

How do I describe the blessing Connor is to our family? He is only 4 months old but has made a huge impact on all of us. Greg and I wished for nearly a year to have a third child, then when we had said it just isn't God's will I became pregnant that very month. It was by far the hardest of my three pregnancies ending with three weeks of bedrest! Then three weeks early Connor arrived with the greatest of ease! He was just as beautiful as the two others and really looked a lot like both of them. After two months we found out he had acid reflux and that had been causing him to cry and scream through all his feedings. Once we got the medicines regulated he became the sweetest, best natured baby. Now, at four months old he smiles all the time and only cries when he really wants to sleep. He is already sleeping from 8 at night to 8 in the morning! He has also begun to try to crawl this last week. He can work his legs really well but not the arms yet. I love to hold him when he is sleepy and just study every part of his tiny body.

When I was younger (a long time ago) I would think about what I wanted my life to be like someday. I wanted a wonderful, patient, God-loving husband, three children with two boys and one girl, family close by, and a lab puppy for my kids to grow up with. So, no matter what is going on in our lives I got everything I wanted and I am truly the most blessed woman in the world!

No comments: