Saturday, February 10, 2007

Sports and more sports!

Today was Jack's last regular season Basketball game. I made sure I went because I stayed home with Connor and Bailey last week and he had his best game ever. He called me on the way home and was so excited that I felt horrible for missing it.
Today he played great but they lost. He and his daddy have really enjoyed this time together. They have grown even closer and found more in common than they thought they had. I love to watch Greg light up when Jack pulls up and shoots a basket! He actually gushes about Jack's play. Today Jack stole a ball mid air and ran it back, pulled up at the free throw line and sunk a basket!!! It was all net, as the men said. The smile on Jack's face was priceless.
After the game we went to Mr. Gatti's for a pizza party with the team. It was fun to sit around and visit with the other mom's and dad's we don't see very often.
I know people who say you shouldn't put your kids in so many sports when they are so young and we shouldn't be so busy. My humble opinion is that my children, especially Jack loves to play sports and we do not ever force them to play. We as a family really enjoy that time together watching them play. We do stick to the one sport at a time rule and that keeps the craziness to a minimum. The only time it is tough is when soccer and t-ball overlap for one weekend. Then we have 4 games all on one Saturday. But, come on, it is one weekend a year.
Greg had also coached soccer and basketball and is considering coaching Jack in T-ball this summer. It is fun for him to spend that time with the kids. I think it is a fun thing our family can do together. Connor has been at some sort of game since he was a week old!
So, now that Basketball is ending, Soccer is beginning. Both play Soccer and Greg is Bailey's coach. She is the only girl again, we were hoping this year there would be at least one more girl.
It doesn't bother her as long as her favorite guy is out there with her. DADDY!

3 comments:

Traci said...

I'm so glad that Greg is up and around again. There's just something about a little girl's daddy isn't there?

I LOVE that picture of all three of your beautiful kids!!

mcjacobsjournal said...

Okay, I did NOT know you had a BLOG!!!! I just saw your comment on Traci's and was so excited to see your name in "blue" as a link! I'm glad I"ll be able to keep up with you this way too! :) I loved getting to read over the last few!!

Prince Edward said...

Why am I just now seeing you have a blog?!?!? I just saw your comment on Traci's and thought I would click on your name just to see! I am so excited I get to keep up with you guys now.