Friday, February 16, 2007

My Sweethearts!


We had a really great Valentines this year. First, Greg being healthier was such a blessing that it made the day even more special. Sometimes we take our health for granted, well, never again in this house!

The day started out with Daddy going to the donut shop for heart shaped donuts! The kids loved them. Especially Connor! We also got a few for Jack's teacher, who we all love so much. She has been such a wonderful blessing in Jack's life this year. After breakfast Jack and daddy headed out to school and work. Bailey, Connor and I spent the morning playing and doing some light cleaning. After lunch my dad, PaPa, come over to keep the two kids so I could go do my room mother thing at Jack's Valentine Party. Jack's party went great. First Graders love parties and balloons!!!
After school, the kids sat at the table and made homemade Valentines for their daddy and some other special people. They had a blast and were very creative.
When Connor got up from his nap we went to Target and shopped for our special Valentines for daddy. Bailey and I decided to spruce up the table a little. We got new place mats and put flowers in the center. We got daddy a new book we thought he would enjoy. It is about the assassination of Abe Lincoln. Jack is really into Presidents right now so he picked it out. Then we headed home to cook our special red and heart meal. We had a chicken pot pie with a heart sliced on top. We had cherry jello, and yummy strawberries. That was all the red I could come up with. Daddy felt very special that night! And the kids had a blast getting it all ready for him!
The next night was Mommy's night! Greg took me to dinner Thursday night. Just us. Aunt Tamara came over to keep the kids. They love their Aunt "Hammerhead"!!!
Thanks Tamara for keeping them.

1 comment:

Traci said...

Jack is too cute! I love that picture.

I can't wait to hear where you went to eat!