Friday, September 08, 2006

Thursday, Ugh!
















Thursday seemed like the longest day of the year!
First, I got up at the usual early time and started breakfast for Jack and Bailey. Today I decided to make them pancakes. A favorite of both of them. It takes a little longer than some things so I asked them to get dressed while I cooked and packed lunches and started some laundry and cleaned the dishes from last night. I am not complaining but it just seems like we as women cram so much into such a short amount of time! After breakfast I made sure Jack was appropriately dressed in his school uniform and teeth cleaned and hair brushed then I did the same for Bailey. Then it is time to get the little guy ready for Sunshine School. Once he was changed and changed again (time to poop mommy) and fed his cereal I could finish getting myself ready for school. Greg left to take Jack and as soon as Kylie got to our house to ride with us today we hit the door running.
School was pretty uneventful.
We left Sunshine School and headed to Jack's school to switch Logan for Jack. We picked up Jack and his buddy Kyle and Bailey had Logan come home with her. Thank goodness for a big backyard! We love our backyard, it is really large and the kids love to play in it. The picture is of Jack and Kyle throwing a soccer ball at each other on the trampoline. Bailey just sat at the picnic table with a crown on drawing and coloring. She does love art!
In the meantime inside I am trying to get Connor down for his nap but no dice! He wanted to watch the kids play. So, we did until I had to get dinner ready because Jack had his first Football practice at 6. Ok, both friends went home and I had 30 minutes to feed all 4 of us and get Jack ready for practice. Somehow I managed to get out of the house and over to the practice field by 5:59. I was so proud until we pulled up and everyone except us was already there and practicing! What is it with Football and Texans!?!!
I will have to post pics from his first game this Saturday. I am sure they will be good for a giggle or two.
Well, 15 minutes into the hour and 1/2 practice Connor decides he is really sleepy and can not be consoled. Kyle's dad was nice enough to offer to bring Jack home so Connor and Bailey and I headed home.
After baths and bottle Connor was out for the night. Have I mentioned how lucky I am to have another child who likes to go to bed around 7!
So, Jack gets home after 7:30 and takes a shower and soon after is asleep like his brother and sister.
I think that is about when I collapsed! Greg came in and I don't really remember anything.
Hopefully not every Thursday will be so crazy, but I'm not holding my breath!

1 comment:

Traci said...

Thank you for taking Kylie for me. That helped me tremendously! I wanted to bring you a Sonic drink but I ran out of time.....traffic!! See ya in the morning.

How was Jack's game?