Saturday, September 09, 2006

Go Panthers!

My son the football stud!
Our lives as football parents have officially begun! Today was Jack's first football game.
He was so excited. I was a little nervous I have to admit. Football is that one sport that makes me think injury. Watching Jack's huge smile everytime he went into the game or stole the ball from the other team was an amazing thing. Jack is almost always smiling it is one of the things I love about him. I think of Jack as happy go lucky almost all the time. Well, today he was definitely happy!
Of course, I almost derailed his football career before it began! I put his mouthguard (which he has to have or he can't play) into the boiling water and forgot it. Oops! Needless to say, I melted it. Greg had gotten called into work at the Bank at the last minute this morning so I was alone to get all of us ready for the game so we had to run out and get a new mouthguard with 15 minutes until the game. We made it somehow and when we got there we found out the games were running 45 minutes late. I stressed myself out completely for nothing.
It was so hot at the game and we were out there for almost 2 hours by the time it was over. I forgot sunscreen. So, you see where this is going...
I am a little sunburned. Bailey's face is pink. Jack is of course pink. And, worst of all Connor, my sweet baby, is pink cheeked! I felt horrible about letting him get so pink.
Jack's team the Panthers won the game! Yea, Jack! He ended up playing defense most of the game and he is pretty fast and also caught the other teams ball once. The one thing he did that we were not so proud of was that he ripped the other players flag off and threw it on the ground and proceeded to stomp on it! So, we had a talk about sportsmanship. He replied that everyone laughed. To which I said I bet the other player didn't laugh. Then he understood that it wasn't the right thing to do.
I will have to keep posting updates on the football season. We have practice 2 nights a week. Yes, 2 nights a week. I'm telling you football in Texas is serious business!!!

No comments: