Monday, May 18, 2009

Flashback to the 80's

In Richardson we have a fun festival every spring called the Wild Flower Festival. It a fun weekend of concerts, food and booths set up in Richardson. We have been several times in the past. One year Greg surprised me with a trip to the festival to see Rick Springfield. Well, he was back this year and we decided to take Jack and Bailey to see him. Here is the flashback part... Rick Springfield was my very first concert in the early 80's. I loved his songs and watched him on General Hospital. A really good older friend took me because I wasn't even old enough to drive. Well, we loved the concert and now he was going to be my kids first concert too. Ok, this guy is 60 years old! He can still rock with the best of them. He was all over the stage. The kids loved the whole experience of a concert. They could even sing along with several of his 80's songs. Of course their favorite was Jessies Girl!

At one point, a girl climbed onto a guys shoulders and raised her tank top over her well endowed chest and flashed Rick. Jack's eyes got huge! Greg covered his eyes immediately. Security took care of her!

Our little flashback to the 80's was well worth it! I had the most fun watching my kids rock out to Rick Springfield.

1 comment:

Newberry said...

How fun! We thought about going and it looks like we should have :) Thanks so much for bringing Mason's visor by. That was really sweet of you!