Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sweet Prayer

Jack has now lost his 8th tooth. He was getting into bed tonight and said it was loose. I reached in to wiggle it and it fell into my hand! After we got him all tucked in and tooth into tooth pillow the boys said their prayers. Connor's is pretty much the same every night. Mommy, Daddy, Bailey, Jack, ... Jack's tonight was pretty normal until he got to..."God, look after my friend Lane and my cat Chester." We had a rough week around here. A friend of Jack's from his 1st grade class was killed in a tragic accident last Sunday and Jack has asked Greg and I many questions this week. Then Thursday night our 19 year old cat Chester died in his sleep. I still think of Jack as so young but then he says things that make me realize he is truly growing up. He finished his thoughtful prayer with, "help Bailey and I to have a good year at school." That is exactly what I was going to be praying tonight!

1 comment:

Traci said...

Tracey,
Jack is so sweet and thoughtful! That makes me sad to hear that story about his friend. And your poor cat! :(

I hope that y'all have a good first day of school tomorrow. I'm already getting sad that my little homegirl won't be here with me tomorrow! sniff