Monday, August 27, 2007

Northrich Elementary!


We had new clothes, shoes, haircuts, lunchboxes and backpacks! We also had a new school! This was causing a little nervousness and anxiety from my oldest child. All along I thought my Bailey would be the nervous one and Jack would fly through this change. Not so this time. After crying and begging us not to change schools he has finally sort of come around. It is a really long story but the Magnet school we have been at for the last two years was not a good fit for our family and we decided to request a transfer until we could get moved. Well, the transfer that was suppose to be so... easy to get was NOT! We have been through 3 appeals and finally met with the Superintendent and got a transfer to a school we really didn't know anything about. After a lot of prayer and research of the new school we decided it would be a good place to call home for now. So, we began our school year at Northrich Elementary this morning.
Connor could not stand to watch the pictures and had to push in between his big brother and sister for a picture. He actually starts Sunshine School next Thursday and he will have so much fun with his little friends in Mrs. Leslie's Class.

Jack did not want me to take his picture with his new teacher! He wasn't crying or complaining but he just acted like he didn't care. It made mommy sad because he seemed so sad. But, knowing Jack he is already the life of the party and has made tons of friends! My adorable 2nd grader is growing up so fast. He is smart, funny and happy almost all the time. His teacher is Ms. Bradley and she seems really nice.


Bailey was thrilled and couldn't wait to get to class. She loves her teacher already and didn't shed a tear. I am happy to say I didn't shed a tear until I drove away! Her Kindergarten teacher is Mrs. Lehner. She is newly married and very cute. It was an easy transition for her, but I am sure that next week it will hit her and she will be asking if she has to go to school today! Bailey constantly amazes me, she is reading and writing tons. She loves school and being "bossy".
After I dropped the kids off, I ran to Target to get some groceries and then off to meet some "girls" after we all dropped our kids off, for coffee. So, now begins my life with two in school and just me and sweet Connor together alone.
I can't wait to pick them up and hear all about their 1st day of school!



5 comments:

Traci said...

Yea!!

I'm so glad that the kids are in a great school! They all look so cute in that picture!!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Tracey. I have thought a lot about Jack and Bailey today, hoping they are having a wonderful first day of school! Sounds like you'll have lots of fun just hanging out with C-Man!

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from Tamara, sorry I forgot to put my name! :-)

Alyssa said...

Yea!!! What a wonderful way to end your summer....I am so glad that you were placed in a new school. I hope it is a great fit for you guys :)

mcjacobsjournal said...

Your kids are so CUTE!! I love their first day of school pictures, and I"m SOOO thankful that your prayers were answered with their school placement. I can't wait to hear about Bailey's first year as it progresses. I know she is going to LOVE it and make so many great friends. I'm also so glad to hear that Jack's class is already working out so great. See---all that fighting you did to get a new school was definitely worth it!! :)