Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Birthday Celebration... Finally!


We finally celebrated Connor's First Birthday. He was 13 months old this week, but more importantly, he has been fever free for a week now! Connor loves lions so I had planned a big circus bash for his party. When we cancelled it I put all the party supplies away. Mimi decided we had to have a dinner for Connor so he could open all his presents and have cake. I pulled the cake pan back out and made his lion cake yesterday afternoon. It turned out really cute. More than how it looked is how it tasted. Connor loved his cake. He had it all over his face and hands but not anywhere else. Is he going to be my neat kid???

At 13 months Connor now has 8 teeth. He is saying new words everyday. He has a wicked sense of humor! Loves to play tug o' war with Lulu. Cries if he doesn't get to go outside with us. Likes to flirt with little old ladies in the grocery store. Goes to the pantry or fridge and hits it and says more, more for food or milk. Still goes to sleep in his bed at the drop of a hat! I love that one.

My prayer for more than a month now has been to heal my baby, and now my prayers are for thanksgiving for a healthly, happy little boy.


1 comment:

Traci said...

I loved seeing those pics of that little sweetie!

You did a GREAT job on the cake.....so cute and professional!

I'm glad he has been fever-free for a week. It really takes it out of you, having a child sick for a while. Now you just need a relaxing vacation!!