Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Birthday Boy!

A tradition in our house is to sneak in early in the morning and take a picture of the birthday kid before they wake up. Today was Connor Reid's first such picture. After I snapped the pic it was all down hill quickly. He looked up and started to cry this pitiful hoarse cry. A cry that continued most of the morning. As soon as I picked him up I knew we would be spending his birthday with our favorite Doctor! He didn't want to open his gifts. Even when he pulled out Elmo he still didn't want to even look at it. His favorite breakfast didn't do the trick either. Well, the rest of us really enjoyed Daddy's homemade French Toast. So, after taking his temp and finding it was a whopping 103 I called the Doctor. Our appointment wasn't until 11:30 so until then he just laid on me and slept or tossed and turned on me until we left. The Doctor quickly told me I had a really sad looking Birthday Boy and that he had an extremely bad ear infection. He put us on a fast working new antibiotic and after two doses he seems already back to himself.
Now for the good stuff!
Here is what makes Connor so special.
1. His wonderful hearty laugh.
2. His beautiful smile.
3. The way he loves to hug his mommy.
4. The way he runs to the front door when daddy comes home.
5. The way he looks all around the house for Jack and Bailey.
6. His cute teeth! Yes, he now has 4 teeth. That is one more than his brother and sister had at one.
7. Watching him dance and shake his head when he hears a song he likes.
8. How he tells Lulu No No and shakes his finger at her.
9.Watching him "play" Jack's gamecube with him.
10. Watching him enjoy his bath time. The whole room is soaked when he is done.
11. Our game-he turns the TV off and mommy turns it back on!
12. His new words- I I (bye, bye), wu wu (Lulu) , Hi, ank ou (thank you), love ou.
And finally I really love his big, wet, sloppy kisses!
Connor Reid,
We are so truly blessed to have you in our family. All four of us thank God for you. I can not believe that one year ago exactly I was finally looking down into your sweet face.
You have made it to one and now we look forward to watching you grow and have many more birthdays for us to celebrate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey this is really great..and nice photos...it was great reading your post...and well also visit my blog sometime and check out all the amazing stuff i've posted there!!!!

Alyssa said...

Happy Birthday Connor~ Hope you are feeling better! We love you!