Friday, August 07, 2009

Way To Go, Bailey!

First, let me say, Bailey is my cautious child. The child who wants to please us, take care of us, and detests getting into trouble. The boys don't really have a cautious bone in their bodies. So, I needed to brag a bit on my Bailey. She has faced a few of her fears this summer and had a great time doing it! For several summers B has been in the same level for swim lessons. We have worked really hard to get her to swim with no luck. This summer it all just clicked. She passed another level in swimming and has now begun to jump off the diving boards! She even jumped in a few weeks ago without holding her nose. Big deal for our B. As you can see by the pictures above and below, she also got on a tube in a lake and had a blast! I was shocked when she announced on the second day at the lake that she wanted to tube. We hadn't bugged her and she simply decided on her own to try it. So proud!

She also found out this week that she tested into the Gifted and Talented Program in our school district. I think this will be a great program for her to be in.
Bailey has definitely faced fears this summer and come out better for it. Is she still cautious, yes, but she is beginning to realize when to be cautious and when to go for it!

1 comment:

Shane and Laine said...

Yea Bailey!!!!!!! She looks like she was having so much fun! I'm so proud so got into the program. I think she will enjoy it so much and it will challenge her in the ways she needs it:) I'm going to work in my room tomorrow...not sure how I feel about it:)