Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Connor Update

I haven't given an update on Connor's health in quite a while. I haven't needed to. He has been doing really well. Since summer started he has only had two fever spells and one cold. Actually the other two kids have been sick more than him! That being said... we went for our regular visit to the oncologist today. I assumed that since he has been so well that the blood counts would be great too. No such luck! His white blood count was down somewhat but his ANC (total neutrophil count) was way down. Not such good news going into the winter sick times. What I tend to forget is that Connor appears on the outside so... well but on the inside he is just not so well. I feel completely blessed by the wonderful healthy summer we have had and will pray hard for a healthy winter.

No comments: